Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cheese Boogers

I'm such a pyromaniac when I grill.



Ahem. Anyway...

I think I found the balance I wanted. Using the 97/3 ground beef, the leanest in the store, but only making 1/2 cup patties. That's just a hair over a quarter pound, as the 2-1/4 pound package made eight patties.



Then, doing the rolling pin trick got the diameter up where after shrinking (which beef this lean does much less of than, say, ground chuck at 80/20) still covers a nice large bun.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

i've never seen anyone put green peppers on a burger before.

who knew making burgers on the grill was such a science.

and props to you for grillin' old school with the charcoal. i love bbq'ing that way.

Chixulub said...

Those are green peppers, but not green bell peppers. That particular green pepper is our good friend the jalapeƱo.