Search Lobsterland

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Creamy White Clam Rigatoni

Just a heads up, this isn't exactly a low-cal dish. I thought it was a little less insane than it turned out to be, but when I looked at my dinner this evening and the two lunches of leftovers it made, I added up the calories in the ingredients, and if you treat this as three servings (which, I realize, is probably the entire problem; it's really more like five if you eat like skinny people), it's about 1100 calories per serving.

Anyway, it's pretty good stuff. Would have been better if I hadn't run short on crushed red pepper. An extra can of clams might have helped spruce up the clam flavor, too.



But basically:

Boil 1 lb rigatoni for 12 minutes then stir in:
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 can Progresso White Clam pasta sauce
1 can medium black olives
about 1 cup parmesan cheese
crushed red pepper to taste
a dash of dried basil for the hell of it



Anyway, like I say, if you have an extra can of bivalves on hand, I'd include them juice and all. If it's too wet, just ad parmesan until it stiffens up.

And relax. It's not like eating soy milk on whole grain granola, but it's not like eating a large pepperoni pizza at one go either.

No comments: