Search Lobsterland

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday Dinner

My last doctor's appointment, I'd dropped ten pounds. I didn't mean to.

Or rather, I'd love to drop a hundred pounds, but I haven't been putting any real effort into that notion. It was a complete and total shock to me.



So, we took my Mom to dinner for her birthday and I decided to put the whole ten pounds back on with one meal. Texas Roadhouse has what passes for reasonable prices in these modern times, and I found myself rationalizing myself all the way into the biggest steak on the menu, a gluttonous 18oz T-Bone.

Load the baked potato? Sure. Why not?



Then my brother illustrated why he's skinny and I'm not. I mean besides my lack of competitive cycling (or any other kind or legitimate exercise). He had the salmon with steamed veggies.

And I like salmon, but if you're going to clog your arteries and risk diabetes, a big, bloody T-Bone is the way to do it.

No comments: