Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Don't Put Off the Dishes

Okay, the other day when I kegged up 25 gallons of homebrew in one evening, I did something I don't normally do.

I put away my fermenters dirty. I was too tired and I had to work the next day. Early was just coming way to early as it was.



I have a very good cleaning agent, PBW, and it's hard to challenge the stuff. I've toyed with the idea of repackaging it and doing the infomercial bit, it works that well. I used it on a cookie sheet, hoping to get off the pan spray that baked onto it's supposedly non-stick coating and got the offending pan spray stains off, along with the actual coating on the pan.

More amazing than that, it does this without being corrosive to stainless steel or copper.



Still, with this stuff dried on and where it's hard to get at even with a carboy brush, we're talking about a chore. That'll learn me to put the beer dishes off.

No comments: