Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Shrimp Padang



I had some shrimp, peppers and mushrooms leftover from the pizza party, so I decided to do a little stir-frying.



I cooked and then refrigerated a big-ass batch of Thai Red rice a day in advance (a 15oz container uncooked, so whatever that makes, two quarts or so of cooked rice I guess).



I sauteed some onions in olive oil, then added the diced green bell peppers and sliced mushrooms, maybe a tablespoon of chopped garlic.



Then for the rice, and then I realized I'd outgrown my skillet and had to transfer the whole mess to my stock pot. Add the shrimp, grind in some Thai seasoning and stir in a good bit of Padang sauce (a mildly spicy peanut butter based Thai sauce).



Makes four Gladwares worth of very decent lunches to take to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have given you the "you make my day award" please visit my post for today to collect it.

Shrimp look good.

alicesg said...

Yummy. If you like spicy food you might like to look at my Chilli Prawns. :) http://yummyfoodphoto.blogspot.com/2008/01/chilli-prawns.html