Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rigatoni & Sprouts

I made Em eat two Brussels sprouts with her dinner tonight, and she acted like she was going to die from it.

Back when I was married, I complained that it seems like every time we had pasta, green beans went with. Not just at our house, it seemed to be a universal consensus that green beans with with spaghetti and red sauce. But it always seemed wrong to me.



I like green beans, just not with pasta.

Apparently, my alternative is just as repugnant to my only child. Except she wouldn't like sprouts no matter what I served them with.

Two sprouts. And I had to offer the specter of ass cancer and the prospect of not going down the street to play after dinner in order to get those in her. Holy jeez.



I couldn't get her to eat the salad at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter, Lydia loves sprouts and salad probably because her Father is a real food Fascist. Yesterday she said "I like cabbage because it's like big Brussel sprouts."

Chixulub said...

Cabbage is just a big Brussels sprout! Perceptive kid.

I told Em the sprouts were like baby cabbage because she occasionally likes cabbage, but she wasn't having any of Dad's crazy theories.

Anonymous said...

Sprout cousins, from Belgium :-)

My husband makes Lydia sit at the table until all her food has gone. I thought it was a bit draconian but it works. She eats everything including fish!I am not saying she likes it though :-) She's just 8.

Your kids look cool and sane.