Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Exhibitionism



The local rocketry club I belong to has the display case at the Trails West branch of the Kansas City Public Library for the month of January. It's not likely we'll be putting any birds in the air this time of year, so it's a good chance to promote the hobby by storing our rockets in public rather than in our garages and basements.



I meant to bring ÜberTubester Chixulubster out in addition to Floyd, Mr. Creosote, Punk Rock(et) Girl and Jolly Green Giant, but alas, I'm a flake.

Maybe I can get him out there by the end of the week. Of course, being I was the first member to show up with stuff, maybe by the end of the week my co-conspirators will have fleshed the display out with their amazing collections. Guys in the club are into different aspects: glider recovery, scale modeling, kits, novelty rockets, mid-power, high power, etc., and I hope the display shows it all. Bob Wingate's One Ring, Bucher's bizarre future scale stuff, Alan's 1/4 A cluster, Blake's gliders. And those helicopter rockets, those were amazing.



And hopefully some plain old Estes kits, too. I didn't have any of those really in display shape. There's three panels to the case, and my four rockets are in just one (with plenty of room left even in it).

And I was just in there long enough to arrange my rockets and their name tags, but as I left, I spotted a kid admiring them through the glass. This is how the cult recruits new members...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you cook the lobsters and this is the rock part? It should be OberTubester :-) but I'm not picky or German.