Search Lobsterland

Sunday, January 20, 2008



I remember when I used to really love a pepperoni pizza. Days before, for instance, I had a heart attack mowing my Mom's lawn.



Still, wake up call that it was, it's not like I don't rely on the pharmaceuticals to save me from indulgence. Call it hitting the snooze button or whatever, but the last few times I'd had pepperoni pizza, I didn't like it. Too greasy.



Then I stumbled on this whole notion of pre-cooking the pepperoni, soaking a bunch of fat out of it onto paper towels. And it turns out, I can make a pizza fairly overladen with pepperoni that's still edible.



I won't say it's health food, but it's not so greasy and disgusting.



It is filling however. One piece invites another, but two turns out to be more than is pleasurable to consume.



Layering the pepperoni carefully with the cheese helped, too, in creating something that stays together.

No comments: