Search Lobsterland

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shoe Repair



Mo's show was flapping. This is where my rocketry hobby really paid off.



Without rocketry, I'd never have learned about the delights of epoxy. The two ton stuff I normally use is too rigid for this gig, but I had some similar 'plastic weld' stuff (which, from its reek, I take to be a polyester adhesive of some sort).



You don't want to touch epoxy, by the way. I know it's probably obvious, but I didn't know it when I first started playing with the stuff. Turns out it can poison you if you get too much of it on your skin, so wear gloves. Cheapie vinyl gloves from Wal-Mart work fine. Besides not getting poisoned, you will be able to move all your fingers independently after you're done.



It's been three or four days now, and the shoe seems to be holding. Which is to say, I'm da man.

No comments: