Search Lobsterland

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Agony of Defeat



Since I share my culinary victories with you, I thought I should share the opposite.



The idea was sound: use ground meatless instead of ground beef for some burritos. Highly seasoned foods like this, you can't tell it's not meat, and you get fiber instead of cholesterol.



But McCormick apparently thinks celery seed is the principal ingredient in a burrito. It's about all you can taste. Maybe with some good, artery-clogging fat, it wouldn't seem so overpowering, but damn.



I heated some refried black beans (yeah, low fat, and no BS ingredients, it's just mashed frijoles negros) to cut things down, but to no avail.



Fortunately, I still have my secret weapon: Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa. It's got a great flavor, a lot of heat, and it'll distract you pretty thoroughly from other unfortunate flavors.

No comments: