Search Lobsterland

Saturday, January 05, 2008

But It's Green!



I grilled some salmon. Em was very excited, said we hadn't had it in too long.







For sides, while it was grilling, I made some bamboo rice. Which is very delicate and mild, almost disappointingly so. But Em wouldn't touch it because it was green. It's a short grain rice, would probably be great for risotto, though I just made it with water. Added a splash of sesame oil at the end.



I rounded things out with some steamed sugar snap peas and a spring mix salad. Which is to say, I had an excellent dinner and my kids had salmon and dirty looks for me on the other counts. Mo ate her peas, but I really had to withhold the Oreos to get her to even try the funky green rice.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has changed my life. Before finding it I was a worthless individual with no hope or faith. Now I stay in every night cook and read Kafka. :-)

The green stuff looks good.

alicesg said...

I am a rice eater....lol. But I never tried green rice but would sometimes take nasi biryani (yellow rice). Nice blog.