Search Lobsterland

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Share the Global Warmth



I don't know if I buy the whole Greenhouse Effect thing, but that's a whole other discussion, one that is ultimately dull and pointless. But if you drive a big, gas guzzling SUV for vanity alone, and you've caused this unseasonably warm weather, thank you.



We did the park, because I couldn't stand to stay in the house. Two weeks ago, we were having snowball fights and today it was t-shirt weather.



Incidentally, if you find obsessive compulsive tendencies hard to fathom, here's a clue. Mo loves to put things into other things. Like the hole in the bathroom wall where the door knob punched the sheetrock. Or the cow I threw out. Or the toilet. Or the air return. She found a scratch I couldn't complain about for this itch: leaves and a storm drain. She focused on it big-time, and I think she'd still be there if I let her.



We went to Grandpa Calvin's to get this computer desk I need to put together and match up to a hand-me-down PC my kids can use for games. We got there and the troops were in town. My step-sister had gone to dinner and left her four children to riot in Grandma & Grandpa's house.



Which means Em got to hang with her favorite cousin.



Mo had a blast, too, playing with three sizes of Legos, visiting the Santa out back, etc.



Em and the Favorite Cousin got permission to play with Grandma's old makeup, and proceeded to make a mess of themselves. They were Zombies, or something like that. Em scrubbed her face a half dozen times when we got home and she still has crap all over her. I'm not very popular with her right now, but if you're going to bitch about the hangover, maybe you don't want to go to the party, right?

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

HA! She looks possessed.

Shoving stuff down a drain could be fun...it's the little things that amuse kids I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

One day, we won't be smiling about these temperatures!