Search Lobsterland

Friday, December 29, 2006

Among Friends

An all-too-short soiree, badly needed medicine. I found out today that in addition to getting fired, five days before Christmas, supposedly for violating a policy I didn't violate unless you interpret it so strictly that EVERYONE has violated it, because it's being deemed 'for cause,' I'm screwed out of the severance package I'd always heard the company gave to take the sting out of such things.

Ten-plus years, nice knowin' ya.

But old friends (20-plus years, most of them), some hors'doerves, conversation, a little of Ted's amazing from-scratch eggnog...



We didn't get quite everyone in the group shot. Ted and Charlotte had already called it quits, and a couple of the honyocks were upstairs watching TV.

I could still be there, I'm sure, except Mo and Em were hanging at Grandpa Calvin's, and while Em was there for a sleepover with her cousin, I didn't want to push my luck with Mo. She's been doing great at their house, behavior-wise, maybe in time she can do the sleepover thing too. Baby steps. Which meant I needed to keep more or less to her bedtime, get her home.

It was a big step. First time I've ever left her with my Dad and his wife to go socialize.

1 comment:

Fancy Dirt said...

No! So sorry you are out of a job! And at Christmas, with little Em-Bob needing all that dental work.