Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Rest of Christmas



Mo loves this snowman. He's easy to love the first 40 times she makes him sing.



The Moon Shoes I got for Mo didn't say they required assembly ont he box, but you have to web the rubber bands through it. Dozens of them.



She enjoyed them, but she's kind of scary with an extra six inches of height and the extra jump those sproingers give her. She didn't want to take them off when we went to Grandma Mary's, so she wore them in the car and everything, until she found they hindered her getting into toy boxes and such.



The first stop was Grandma Mary's for brunch and more presents.



Oh, and to pose with reindeer.



My Bro and his wife were on hand. And very tolerant of my excessive photography.





Em got out the tinker toys. This wasn't one of the presents, these are the ones me and my brother had growing up.



I think my brother had more fun with them than Em did.



Not that Em didn't have fun.



Em was delighted to try on her new clothes, too. Mo was maybe less than delighted.





Grandma Mary made the mistake of trying to light candles for the dinner table. Mo can't leave a candle lit. Even in a hurricane, I think she'd run around blowing them out. That's what they're for, right? I don't mean she just seems to like it, it's as if God would strike her down if she didn't get there and get it blown out.





Mo did get a pair of Tigger slippers that may rival the Moon Shoes for favorite footwear. Though the latter makes her more like her Pooh-ish soul mate.



In the 'what did you get' column, I got the Joy of Cooking. This was one of the few material possessions the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster wanted that I might have fought over in the divorce. There are sections of JoC that are pure bullshit (like their take on beer in the drinks section), but as a general reference, it has no peer. Wanna cook a bear? Look it up in the Joy of Cooking. Fried Cucumbers? It's in there, like Ragu.



And some real flatware. I've been using that clear plastic stuff for a year now, because Mo had a bad habit of throwing silverware away. She seems to have stopped that, so hopefully my kitchen drawer will seem less College Dorm.



We went on from Grandma Mary's to Grandpa Calvin's. Where we ate another Christmas dinner that couldn't be beat...



We were actually light a family unit there. One of my bro's and his family went to Branson. So we only had six kiddos worth of mayhem (it would have been nine plus two more adults who can seriously talk).



I'm told my nephew's guitar is really just a complicated joy stick for a video game. Go figure.






2 comments:

kimmyk said...

My daughter tried those moon shoes on at the mall and they were REALLY cool. Hard to stand in and the lady told her to try them at her own risk, but she seemed to have the hang of it. She didn't get 'em though. But they look really cool!

Looks and sounded like y'all had a great day together. How does Mo put out the candles, does she blow them out or drown them out? I found that amusing, only because I have like at least 10 lit every day. Poor thing she'd be so stressed out in my house. Bless her heart.

Chixulub said...

Well, she blows them out. She wouldn't be stressed out, but you would be after she started trying to eat them.