Search Lobsterland

Monday, August 03, 2009

Gringos Ride



At Jennifer's suggestion, I tried a different Monday night ride. One that leaves from Gringos in Olathe, wanders south into the country and back. I was told the short route was 16 miles, but I drove it after and my car's odometer says it was 18.5.

It was cool. A dude on a bent was there, and there were two tandem bikes on the ride.



A couple on a tandem were the appointed tail-gunners and they hung back with me. I was riding faster than usual, as fast as I could, really, but Trigger's still the slow kid.



I was hungry before we set out, so it was an easy sell to sit in the cool bar after the ride and have all you can eat tacos for six bucks.

I'd gotten spoiled by the cool weather lately, I was definitely glad for my second bottle on this ride.

No comments: