Search Lobsterland

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to School



Last year I humiliated Em by following her 7th grade schedule in plain site of her peers and their parents. This time, it was Mo's turn but she wasn't embarrassed. She led me to the Communications room, of course, but also to Science, Social Studies, PE, etc.




Ran into a high school classmate who just moved to town, and we reminded each other we were both too young to have seventh grade kids. Even if we do know people our age and younger with grandchildren.





I was going to miss this. When the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster reminded me of it, my knee-jerk response was, 'I can't.' Because I'd be at band practice. But then when we got off the phone, it took me about 30 seconds to say to myself, Self, if you skip back to school night so you can go sing atonally and play guitars loudly, you suck as a Daddy.

Then I went and had fun.

No comments: