Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Daddy Date

I remember when Em was two or so, taking her to McDonald's against my will. I detest McDonald's, but that was where the child wanted to eat.

We were sitting at the table, having gotten our dubious grub, and she exclaimed 'Daddy and Emmy!'

Which somehow made the whole golden arches experience sublime.

Fast forward to today and the kid has developed some taste buds. She still likes McDonald's, don't get me wrong, but she is absolutely nuts about Five Guys.



Mo was at Camp Encourage, so it was just Daddy and Emmy on a Friday night, an unusual occurrence. So I took her to her favorite restaurant. Tried to take her to a movie but the only thing that hadn't already started and was even possible was the new Potter movie, and she insists she can't see that until she's seen #5 even if I'm willing to see it not having seen any of the previous ones clear thorugh.

We rented Knowing from the Red Box instead, her pick. No popcorn because neither of us had room after Five Guys...

No comments: