Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's Up, Doc?

Mo had her annual follow up with her developmental pediatrician today. I burned a vacation day to take her, which also let me pick the girls up after school, something I haven't been able to do since getting traduced out of my job a couple years ago. Back then, I lived and worked about five minutes from the girls' schools and I had a flexible schedule to boot, so as long as I made up the time and made sure my boss new what I was up to, I could take off early on nights I had my kids.

But I work for a much smaller outfit now, and that necessarily means less flexibility on hours. Plus, I work a long way from home & school, so the logistics are totally different. The main effect is I don't have quite as much flexibility in what I make for dinner: getting the girls two hours later means supper needs to be quick. No big, I've found workarounds, but pizza from scratch is strictly a weekend thing these days.



So with a day off, and with me having two nights this week because it's not my weekend coming up, having the day off was really nice.

Anyway, Mo had fun playing with Dr. K's Legos and we discussed various big picture concerns, then I took Mo to school and went home and absolutely wasted time until it was time to pick them up from school. One of the things I wasted time on was figuring out what to have for dinner since I had more time to cook. Several ideas were floated, such as a lamb roast with rosemary, but Price Chopper turned out not to have any lamb except for some chops. I'd picked Mo up from school and hit the store before picking Em up from Hand Chimes.



I ended up settling on Italian Meatballs. But that's more of a Grub post, so I'll put a pin in that for the moment.

No comments: