Search Lobsterland

Friday, January 23, 2009

Long Damn Night

Mo got up at 2:45 this morning. For the day.

I tried to get her to stay in her bed, I tried to get her to sleep in my bed. I sat out in the living room with her.

Whenever I thought she was back to sleep, or at least contained in some way, I'd hear the computer in the kitchen and it would start again.

My dreams were filled with trying to get Mo to sleep, dreams of waking up to realize she was still up and getting into stuff again. Except in my dreams I'd be outside the house, several doors down trying to reason with her, realizing that she was awake and clear out there about the same time I realized I was nude from the waist down and the sun was coming up.

At least I hope that last part was dream. I haven't heard anything from my neighbors to indicate that part really happened.

So this afternoon, she's been asking to take a nap. If my total lack of sympathy were a bomb, there would only be a crater where my subdivision used to be.

No comments: