Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Another Asparagus Pasta Salad



I did something similar to this back in July. I was out of black olives, used a different style of pasta, skipped the feta since I was out of that, too.



Basically:

1 lb. rigatoni, boiled 12 minutes
1 lb. asparagus pieces, blanched in the pasta boil the last three minutes
1 jar Classico Pesto
1/2 cup Italian dressing
Maybe a cup of Parmesan (maybe more)
1 tin anchovies, minced
red pepper flakes to taste
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste



When the boil is complete, ice the pasta and asparagus down (I topped with ice and then ran cold water over the ice) to prevent overcooking. Then drain and toss with the other junk.



As with my last one, I think I need to find a way to add more acidity to this. Or maybe some cheese with a ton of bite, an outrageous bleu or maybe some shredded Gruyère. Or a really raunchy Feta.



Or maybe what my pasta salads are really missing is actual feet.

No comments: