Search Lobsterland

Monday, January 12, 2009

Carnitas Quemado

Well, I tried to make Carnitas according to Simply Recipes formula. I put the pork roast in the crock pot around the time I started my Chile Verde and it took a lot longer for the pork to get tender than I anticipated.

I was pretty shagged out from the weekend's festivities, too, and it was late when I finally pulled the pork and put it in the roasting pan. When the oven was up to 400ºF, I put the pan in and came down to my den to wrap up my blogging activities with an eye to going to bed.

When I woke up, the house smelled of burning meat. You're supposed to roast it at 400º for 15 to 20 minutes, not an hour and a half.

The roasts I used today had come in a three-pack, so I threw the third into the crock pot, which still had the tomato based liquid the meat slow cooks in. I figured it could take its time finishing, set the cooker on low and go to bed.



What was in the roasting pan, I wouldn't even give to Barley. He looked interested, but as far as I know he doesn't need an activated charcoal treatment.

No comments: