Search Lobsterland

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pepperoni & Baby Bella Za



This was going to be Goan-style Shrimp Curry except I didn't get the curry leaves, Sambhaar and shrimp.

So we had pepperoni & mushroom pizza. It was going to be pepperoni (and what amounts to a cheese-bread for Em's delicate palate), but Mo told me she wanted mushrooms.



Really?

I've never seen her eat shrooms before, and it's the kind of thing I basically have to dare her to try normally. But then I couldn't keep her out of the baby bella's while I was working on everything else.

I've been trying to learn to do a hand-tossed crust. One that never sees the rolling pin. I get flour everywhere, but so far I haven't gotten the result I'm after.



I sweated the pepperoni out in paper towels as usual, to cut back the fat and allow the top layer of it to crisp up a bit without burning the rest of the pie. Used Alfredo sauce, as usual too.

Maybe one of the better pizzas I've ever made, actually.

No comments: