Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Rocket Display



Last year, I was first to the case, more or less, so everyone else had to fit their stuff in around me. This year, I'm last to the party.



As luck has it, the Lobster Fleet is pretty beat up, so I didn't have that much for the case. I did print some photos of rockets like Bebop, Hellboy, Curtis, Otis, etc., to show off some lost/destroyed rockets.





I was glad to see Bucher got his Holy RPG of Antioch in there, disappointed to notice that Wingate's One Ring was missing.



The librarian was not thrilled to see me. The cases were fairly full, and he didn't seem to think there was room for any more rockets. 'Let's have a plan before we go start opening that up,' he said.



I told him I saw some space on the top shelves of two of the cases, which was true, and he grudgingly opened them up. It involved rearranging a few things, but I got Floyd, Hatful of Hollow, Mr. Creosote and the Inscrutable Hulk in there, along with the photos, without too much trouble.



I had originally thought to include the rebuild in progress of Hellboy along with the wreckage photo from his ejection charge failure. I've been persuaded by my fellow rocket nerds that this is a bad idea from a PR standpoint, and this display is all about PR. The kind of people who get nervous about opening up the display case without a plan also get nervous about people with incredibly safe hobbies that sound dangerous.

No comments: