Search Lobsterland

Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a Commute



Over two hours to get to work, over an hour to get back home. I could have just about walked it that fast.

The morning drive was at least comprehensible. It started snowing around 6:00 am, so there wasn't a chance for plows to get ahead of it. I saw several accidents along the way, and I'm pretty sure some of the sitting still I did on the Interstate was due to accidents that were cleared before I got to them.



And even once the traffic thinned out on 435 past Roe, visibility was maybe a quarter mile, so I couldn't go more than maybe 25-30 mph without totally outdriving my possible stopping distance.



Wornall was better suited to skiing than driving, too.



So when I walk in at 9:30, I'm teased with 'Decided to come to work today?' If I'd known what the drive was going to be like, I don't think I would have.

No comments: