Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trailer Truffles

I made Oreo truffles for Em's Dessert Theater (choir concert with a sweets potluck). Added some Heath brickle bits this time, both to the filling and sprinkled over the top of the finished balls.


I was tempted to try the new Schweddy Balls flavor Ben & Jerry's has come out with when I was shopping for ingredients, but really. As calorie bombs go, a Trailer Truffle is already a bunker buster. I added up the ingredients and divided by the number of balls I portioned out, and these gobs average 360 calories apiece. 212 or so calories from fat.


Of course I had to eat one for quality assurance. I know Ben & Jerry's claims there are four servings to a pint, but really. I'd eat the whole thing, 1080 calories of ice cream on top of a trailer truffle and whatever I eat at the Dessert Theater.

No comments: