Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Lesson

I learned a lesson when my car was stolen. The Club: it's not all that hard to defeat, and if a real thief wants your car, it is forfeit Club and all, but at least you won't be the softest target on the street.


Painful lesson, even if you are driving around in a 13 year old car with 225,000 miles.

I don't know if the person who learned the lesson about locking frame to wheel on Southwest Boulevard lost a nice bike or not. Lots of people leave very expensive bikes unattended in Kansas City with nothing more than a kickstand holding them in place, so normally I'd say this person's lock job would have been adequate.


The way having my Honda locked was adequate for probably 1800 nights preceding the night it Bermuda Triangulated on me.

But even if it wasn't a nice bike, even if it was a piece of shit, it was somebody's bike and even if it made for some cool street photography, I'm sorry they had to learn it this way. At minimum, both wheels and frame need to be locked to something permanent or heavier than one person can lift.

No comments: