Search Lobsterland

Monday, April 05, 2010

Somebody's Havin' a Monday...

So a big rainstorm starts up right as I get on the highway causing numerous accidents and backing up traffic. Okay, the rain didn't cause the wrecks, bad driving did, but it was probably bad driving that would have gotten by on dry roads.

Then a block and a half from work I had a blow out.

First job I had to run on the DocuColor, out of the gate it jammed so badly and bizarrely I actually had to have a Xerox Tech come out and clear it, it was impossible without disassembling part of the machine to clear all the scraps of paper. See also the job that was running when I went to lunch; I come back and the machine as gone into 'Fatal Error' and won't even tell me how many clicks ran before the glitch.

See also the black bean soup I brought for lunch, frozen leftovers from when the plains were black with buffalo. It was a batch I had too free a hand with the cayenne I realized as the sweat poured off me and tears ran down my cheeks, but that realization was after I dribbled the first sip of it down my shirt and had to rinse that in the sink to prevent a stain. I bibbed in Jethro-style after that, and promptly had a near miss with choking on this over-spiced (though still pretty tasty) comestible.

I was half afraid to ride the Trek Recovery Ride because the way things had gone, I figured I'd get hit by a derailed train or something.

As it happens, some new, cool people showed up and so did my brother, and a good time was had by all. A year ago I hadn't done anything that looked like a workout on a regular basis in a good six years. I'm still slow, I still huff and puff up those hills, but I think it's progress that a good ride with good friends seems to erase sins of the day.

A margarita seems to help quite a bit, too. Those special margaritas from Dos Reales...

Still, I couldn't help thinking, Everything went wrong until I got on the bike.

I can't do the Brewery Ride tomorrow, though. Gotta get a new tire — it sucks driving side streets on a doughnut spare to commute.

No comments: