Search Lobsterland

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Firsts of the Season

I've been noticing firsts this year, many related to cycling. First ride after the long, bitter winter. March 6, 2010.

First time I got lost/boxed myself into a longer ride than intended. That happened on March 28. First toe cramp trying to keep up on the bicycle, April 8.



First time I've grilled in way too long, tonight. Normally I'll grill even in hard weather, and I did grill some chicken breasts the other day but it wasn't the same.



Tonight was the first burger & brat festival to grace my grill. I don't think I was the only one with this idea, judging from the smell of my neighborhood. Or the fact I had to buy name brand hot dog buns when the Wal-Mart house brand turned out to be sold out.



There's a lot of food on this plate, and full disclosure, my eyes got too big for my stomach. I had eggs and toast for brunch and that served me well enough on my hill ride, but by the time I shopped, got the grill going, prepped everything and cooked my stomach thought my throat was cut. So before you start lecturing the fat bastard about eating so much, I didn't clean my plate, though I did manage to do in all the produce shown here (along with some I nibbled as I prepped).

No comments: