Search Lobsterland

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Hill Ride

This time from my Dad's house. I didn't want to paint myself into a corner like last time my Dad watched the girls for me so I could ride. So I did a bit of pre-planning to only paint myself into corners in a small way.



Taking 55th West from Rosehill means painting yourself into some serious climbing. Either up Pflumn from 55th (what I did), or you can go north on Quivira. Or you can go back on 55th, meaning you climb one of the steepest hills in Shawnee, one that I've hit 42.3 mph going down, it's that steep), or you can take 55th out to the end and climb Albervan. All of these are Ultimate Granny Gear climbs.

So I only did a little over 15 miles, but they were hard miles and I managed to average 12 mph, which is faster than usual for me on such a ride. I think given I'm about where I was in September, fitness-wise, last year, and it's only April, I can maybe pick up the pace by the end of this year to 15 mph on a ride like this. We'll see, but it seems doable, about the same gain I made from June to November last year by this coming October or November.

No comments: