Search Lobsterland

Sunday, April 04, 2010

I Bowled a 206!

Easter at my Dad's house. I have about a hundred and fifty nephews judging from the noise. And we adults are adept at shouting over the din and making the whole scene louder than bombs.



Oh, and there was a nephew's birthday folded into the event. It could be worse, he could be a Christmas baby like the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster who was always told a few days before Christmas to pick out something from under the tree for her birthday.



Lots of great food, and Grandpa Calvin attempted to fly the helicopter even though it turned out to be way to windy for that. And lots of Wii time.

One of my nephews things he's unbeatable at baseball on the Wii. I had fun heckling him, but even more fun beating him at bowling. I bowled a 206, which is pretty amazing since in real life, I think I've only broken 100 once, and not by much (I think it was a 115).



For sure, you know you're divorced from reality when someone like me thinks an open frame is a tragedy instead of the norm.

My arms are so sore from yesterday's lumberjacking adventures in the back yard I about couldn't play.



It was great, though. Faced with a 7-10 split, my sister in law said, 'Now he's got to make the Vampire Spare.' And her husband, without missing a beat, channeled Count Von Count and said, 'Aha, I vant to suck at bowling!'




I know, it's not as funny in print, you had to be there. Glad I was, and though I did very well for myself at bowling, I did not in fact get the Vampire Spare.

No comments: