Search Lobsterland

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rocket (Snow) Man



There wasn't enough snow left in my yard after church to make a snowball fight, let alone a snowman.





Building snowmen and sledding are two activities that present such rare opportunities (barely once a year each), I feel remiss in not doing them with the girls. Even when, as in this case, they both made it abundantly clear they thought it was a dumb idea.



I found a good use for spent model rocket motors, though. And, for that mater, for the disabled veterans of Lobster Fleet.



Had to work fast: no kidding, we built this snowman with me in one of my Hawaiian shirts. I left the coat in the car, it was that warm. We normally try to build a little bit bigger snowman, but I didn't know how long there'd be snow on the ground as fast as it was melting. So he's as dirty as Crusty, and stood about as half as tall as Snowchick.



Plus, my two kids were losing patience with Daddy.

No comments: