Search Lobsterland

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Banned Practice II



I have come up with the best names for our little band, I can't see why none of my bandmates will sign on.

Last week, I proposed Foolkiller. I have a great logo concept in mind for it. The Foolkiller Folk Theater was a punk hangout when I was a teenager, and there's Johnny Pye and the Foolkiller and the whole riddle of how a man can be a man and not be a fool (by being dead). And the bogeyman lore of 'the Foolkiller's gonna get you' when someone does something stupid.



When I asked what anyone thought of naming the band Foolkiller, I got 'We don't really need to go there yet.'

Which is true. We have explored a few circles of Suck but have many to go before we can even play a complete song as a band. And I'm not criticizing my bandmates, I have contributed more than 25 percent of the Suck in this quartet.



But I'm learning to suck gently, play with the balls a little, make eye contact, moan...

I came up with a better name, though. It went over to about as much enthusiasm, but it's really the perfect name: Free Beer.

Free Beer at our wedding reception. Free Beer at the Record Bar or Brooksider. The place will be packed.



Of course, we have to get a lot better than we are because once people find out Free Beer is just the name of the band, it'll get ugly if we can't play for shit either...

Photo Credit, by the way, to Melissa for the shot that includes my Rodness and the other flash photography specimens here. I hate flash photos, but in a basement with my camera, it's flash or blur take your pick.

No comments: