Search Lobsterland

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A.S.T. & Cali-Dagwood Boogers



This is, I guess, a vegetarian answer to the B.L.T. Avocado, tomato & sprouts. Not quite vegan, there's a bit of mayo on the bread (the end of a loaf of French bread I halved).



What's On It?
Avocado (about half of one)
Red Onion
Tomato
Banana Pepper Rings
Alfalfa Sprouts

As light fare goes, this is as good as it gets. But man* does not live by light fare alone.

Price Chopper was running a crazy sale on ground beef, so I made hamburgers. But I still had all this awesome salad stuff for sandwiches. So when you're too hungry for an A.S.T., try the same idea with a 6 oz. grilled patty with cheese.



It's the same sandwich, except on a regular hamburger bun. Which, I admit, was not up to the job. You need a jumbo bun, at least, for this. Or you need to make smaller burgers and slice your toppings thinner.



But if your mouth is as big as mine, you'll work it out somehow.


*By 'man' I mean an American man pushing 300 lbs.

No comments: