Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Booger!



Grilled hamburgers this evening, it was so nice out and it'd been a long time for that particular item. Lest you think this is a strictly Asian/Indian foodie blog.

I dressed my burger with Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa, the best salsa on earth, and some red onion and cucumber. The cucumber provides a nice cooling contrast to the salsa. Then it struck me, what I really wanted on this burger was some alfalfa sprouts. But alas, they were all gone.



Had some asparagus, it's that time of year. You get the best stuff and it's cheap. The rest of the year you pay through the nose and get big fat tough legs of asparagus.

I tossed them in Italian dressing and grilled them alongside the burgers when I had flipped & cheesed them.



I had to force Em to eat just one stalk of asparagus, a vegetable she claims to hate. I know it's just as impossible as disliking brussels sprouts or broccoli (and before you say it, yes, I truly did love all those things even as a kid). But the boogers turned out well enough she tried to steal mine while I was trying to take pictures.



Of course, dressed out with salsa, onion and cucumbers, I think her reaction had she taken a bite would have been 'Nooooo! Stupid fat hobbit. He ruins it!'

No comments: