Search Lobsterland

Monday, March 16, 2009

Za





Em asked about pizza, and I haven't made it in way too long.

I didn't have prosciutto or black olives, but she said plain cheese pizza would be fine with her. After we'd eaten, I was putting leftovers away and spotted a pack of prosciutto in the freezer. So I guess I'll make pizza again soon.



I used Alfredo sauce on the plain cheese pizza, pesto on the sausage pie.



I tried a little different dough this time:

for two crusts
1-1/2 tbsp. active yeast rehydrated in 1 cup warm water and 1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup yogurt
2 teaspoon salt
5-1/2 cups bread flour

Let rise for an hour, cut in half, and hand-stretch/toss.



I didn't do much tossing, been trying to learn that part. But no rolling pin. I learned the stretching trick from Alton Brown on Food Network, though I didn't do his 18-24 hour rise in the fridge trick with the dough. We were way too hungry for that.

I don't know if it was the hand-stretching or the yogurt but this was the best pizza crust I've ever made.

No comments: