Search Lobsterland

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Don't Know Much About What I Like...



I've been thinking of doing some oil painting lately. Abstract expressionist things.

But the canvas and paints, I fear expenses. I need another expensive hobby like I need more bad news from Wall Street.



So anyway, working in a print shop, I got to wondering how printer's inks compared to oil paints. They're both based on grease. So I got a press operator to give me a teaspoon or so of PMS877 Silver, Pantone Violet, Pantone Warm Red and Opaque White to play with. Then I bought some cheap fluorescent poster board at Stuff-Mart.



Basically I made a mess on one sheet, then mashed the two together. Then made more mess and did more mashing. I'm not 100% thrilled with the result, but it was fun.



But is it art?

No comments: