Search Lobsterland

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Art Projects

I have some rockets in the works. Of course.

I've been debating about how to decorate my Mozzie when I get it done. It's a Mad Cow kit, an upscale Estes Mosquito. This was a tiny rocket, one that flew on mini A's.

It's very popular as an upscale. There's Mad Cow's Mozzie, of course. But there's also Woody Hoburg's hundred pounder that flies on a cluster of four M motors or something ridiculous like that.



But anyway, I got to thinking after Otis, I've never seen a plaid rocket before I made one. What about paisleys? I haven't seen that done.

Polka-dots have probably been done but I haven't seen it. Or what about crazy op-art effects? Or checkerboard fins for a Spicoli rocket?

Then I thought of musicians. I lost BeBop but what about a Sonny Rollins tribute or a Coltrane rocket?

And then, I hit on what I'm probably going to do with the Mozzie. And it's not go Crazy Train on it and make it Ozzy (though the thought occurred): A Garden of Earthly Delights rocket. The third triptych panel with all the marriage analogies.

No comments: