Search Lobsterland

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Slide



As the Penguin in the cave tells Jack...



I had to practically force Em to come on this expedition. I made a mistake last winter and let her sit it out. But it's too much fun.



They've outgrown what snow boots they had, so I had them put on sweat socks of mine and tuck their pants into them to keep from getting snow up their pant legs. And we grabbed our biggest pieces of cardboard and hit the hill by the viaduct.



And even with her being a tween and all, once we got there, she had fun, too.



Didn't last long, though. After a couple of trips down the hill, a trip for me as well, with snow spraying into my face and the 15º wind cutting through my bundling, we were headed back up the hill and Mo started to walk in the gutter of the road. I righted her path (didn't want her going into the street), and she veered that way again.

The third time, after I warned her that if she didn't listen we'd go home, she turned harder and actually fell into the street.



I got her up and back on the snow, by which time Em announced what I had begun to realize, that Mo was seizing. She wasn't being willful, she was being epileptic.



We're upping her meds again. The doc wrote for two possible increases if it wasn't working, and having a seizure pretty near every weekend is not working in my book.

No comments: