Search Lobsterland

Friday, December 07, 2007

Putting Up The Christmas



I asked Mo didn't she want to help me put up the Christmas tree. The kid loves Christmas, gets made when I take down my lights in May.

She didn't. When I came back upstairs with it, she had run to hide in her room. I went back to tell her to come look at the Christmas, help set it up and so on, and she was seizing. Not intensely, and not for long, but after, she just wanted to go to bed.



With Em on s sleepover, this meant I had no interference with my holiday decorating, but my heart wasn't in it. I put the tree up, strung it with some peppers. I had forgotten that last year the plan was to buy a new tree after Christmas on a sale, but since I got shit-canned five days before Christmas without a dime of severance or unemployment compensation, it sorta fell by the wayside.

Mo will still decorate it, I'm sure, with small scraps of paper she has written numbers on in crayon or scribbled a quick design on. She does a bit of it even in the off season, the tree sits in a corner of the basement and she covertly updates its decor all year long.



I haven't done my outside lights yet. I shouldn't have taken them down last summer. I should have known that really late becomes really early at some point...

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love the chili fairy lights.