Search Lobsterland

Friday, December 21, 2007

Opportunity to Grow

Today was the first anniversary of when I was fired from a gig I'd had for a decade. And that I was damned good at, if I do say so.

I was traduced by a child I'd mistaken for an adult. The betrayal was then reinforced by a sociopathic Ken Doll who had been itching to get rid of me for about five years because of his own insecurities. And by a CEO who treasures the fear of his employees, who says 'terminations are a good motivator.'

Oh, and by the fact they were about to try outsourcing my gig to India. Which didn't work, but the mentality of the so-called leadership at TradeNet is such that if they didn't try stunts like that, they wouldn't know if the job was actually worth more than $4 an hour.

Yeah, I'm still bitter about it. Even though I'm in a much better gig in a lot of ways, it wasn't a change I chose. The euphemism I remember from my management days was 'given an opportunity to grow.' Would that all people who think shit-canning someone on false pretense with no unemployment and no severance can be called an opportunity to grow would be given the chance to spend more time with their families.

No comments: