Search Lobsterland

Monday, December 10, 2007

Brownies

Em has been hounding me to make brownies for weeks.  And I finally did.  Sort of.



I feel like I cheated. I used a box mix to make these brownies. Jar of ready-made frosting to top them.



I even looked up in the Joy of Cooking how to make them from scratch, and it really wouldn't have been any more work.



I timed it carefully: nothing is worse than dry brownies.



So the directions said to shave three minutes off for a dark or non-stick pan, and I shaved four minutes off. Which was smart, because they were done though but just barely moist.



Of course, brownies are basically cake, and cake is just a delivery vehicle for frosting. And frosting can make even bad (read dry) cake worthy of the plate.



Soy egg nog to wash it down, perfect.

No comments: