Search Lobsterland

Thursday, December 06, 2007

As Long As We're YouTubing...



I have to say, at least 80 percent of the time I think Biafra is full of shit. But I'd vote for him before I'd vote for a Depublican or a Republocrat.



And no, I'm not joking. Jello would get us in trouble, but nothing that would involve a half million troops and a decade long commitment to making things not much worse for a whole other country...

I tried to explain the lasting appeal of the Dead Kennedys to my brother during the Chiefs game debacle, but it's tricky. Generally speaking, the punk thing never connected with me. I checked a bunch of old punk bands out from the library a few years back, and Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies, etc., failed the test of time. So much anger, but what were they pissed off about? To paraphrase DeLillo, too young to buy beer?



Two bands turned out to be worthwhile, the Dead Milkmen and the Dead Kennedys.

The former, well, they're more lighthearted. The latter...the only good Kennedy is...



DK gets points for album titles alone. Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables was good, but a rookie effort.   Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death, that's genius. Frankenchrist...

Bedtime for Democracy?


No comments: