Search Lobsterland

Friday, September 14, 2007

Slide

As the Penguin tells Jack, 'slide.' That's what I did.

I put this together for my profile on a class reunion web site. I kinda told myself I'd boycott my 20th reunion if I didn't have my novel published by then, but since I haven't worked on rewrites seriously in about two years, I think that'd just be a way not to see a few old mates.

And while in some respects I think I've stayed in touch with the folks I really wanted to, the ones I truly cared about, I don't think it's universally true. There were some classmates I wasn't close to, but who I admired. And unrequited crushes, ex-girlfriends and all sorts of people I might not have stayed in touch with but would get a kick out of seeing after two decades in the rock crusher of experience. At my tenth reunion, I didn't go to the actual reunion because it was too expensive, but for the 20th I might go even if it's pricey.

No comments: