Search Lobsterland

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here, Eat This



I can't understand why my honyocks distrust me so much when it comes to food.

Case in point: I made Em a grilled cheese sandwich with both American and processed Swiss cheeses, a bit of cream cheese and black olives, and she refused to eat it. She likes everything that's on this sandwich.

Then she asked for a video, and I told her only if she tried the sandwich, and she grudgingly ate a bite and...

She liked it. Ate the whole thing.

A couple days later, I made the same combo in a tortilla instead of on bread and it was as if she'd never had that sandwich. She didn't trust me, but then when I coerced her into trying it she liked it.

Mo also tends to act as if I'm attempting to poison her when I ask her to try new foods.

Most recently, I bought chipped beef, the stuff you use to make Shit on a Shingle or those tortilla roll up appetizers? Again, Em didn't want to try it. I'm like, come on, it's lunch meat. You eat bologna with peanut butter and you won't try this?

So she tries a bite and then she's asking if she can have a chipped beef sandwich to take for lunch to school the next day.

I wonder when she won't try to close her lips and hide her face when I'm offering new foods. Ever?

No comments: