Search Lobsterland

Monday, September 17, 2007

Birthday Chikkin





So I could pick any restaurant I wanted for my birthday dinner, and I picked Mom's house. The chicken there is that good.



And the corn on the cob, and the biscuits and gravy, and the salad, and the cubed honeydew, and the banana cream pie.






Then, for afters, there was Lincoln Logs, and crayons and finally, sidewalk chalk and appliance carton houses in the back yard. And after Em chickened out on swordfighting with big fat tubes that might have made good rockets, there was even cardboard tube flipping, a truly competitive event.



Then Mo had a seizure, which put a damper on things.




Still, we had fun while it lasted. And we got back to Gardner too fagged out to care we had missed the Celebration of SpecialNess, Gardner's sesquicentennial. As the movie says, 'but these people are completely normal.'










From the sound of it, the fireworks display topped the one on the Fourth by a wide margin. When it began, and Em asked me what that noise was, I honestly thought it was thunder, a storm starting up. But it was just the opening volley.





No comments: