Search Lobsterland

Saturday, September 01, 2007

My Old 'Hood

We drove by the house that used to be Midwest Rock Lobster HQ. About a decade ago, we called this home.



It's for rent, so maybe you can go home again, but why would you?



It's a neat neighborhood in a lot of ways. If you'd lock up the bad guys, who are maybe 3% of the population there, the rest could really enjoy the amazing, cool old houses.



That, and I have to say a crowd of Mexicans popping beers around their cars on Cliff Drive didn't look like a soirée I'd join with kids in tow.



We checked out Cliff Drive, as well as the cool old houses in Scarritt Rennaissance. Including my favorite, the stone house with the Indian pillar that would be worth living in no matter what the neighborhood.



We also scoped out some of the under-performing downtown TIF projects. And saw a bike in a tree by a brewpub. I'm no Temperance Union type, but I'd say when you lose a 10-speed up a tree, it's time to look into rehab.





1 comment:

Andi said...

The 10-speed up the tree is odd. :-)