Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Best Ice Cream in the History of Anything

Years ago, Häagen-Dazs made some specialty ice creams to compete with Ben & Jerry's, and one of these was called Peanut Butter Burst. When they pulled it from the market, I scavanged all over Hell's half acre for the last remaining out of date pints that dairy trucks had neglected to pull. I had friends looking for it out of town, for real.

The bad news was Ben & Jerry made Häagen-Dazs their bitch and they made Häagen-Dazs like it. Hence, the greatest ice cream ever was denied me. The good news turns out to be that Ben & Jerry also stole Häagen-Dazs' recipe and are now selling the exact same thing as Peanut Butter Cup ice cream.



And when I say exact same thing, no exaggeration here: I took one bite and instantly flashed back to 1995: Larry's sofa, watching the Chiefs when it was Martyball, doing serious damage to a 12-pack of Olympia and letting the ice cream get warm until half time so it was super soft.

I highly recommend you pick up a pint or two. Unless they discontinue it, in which case you'd better not get between me and those last few pints in the store.

1 comment:

Kenn Minter said...

Ben & Jerry's has a Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie flavor that is to die for. It's evil stuff. I could eat that shit all day.

Happy Birthday, by the by.