Search Lobsterland

Monday, September 24, 2007

Big Bird Gets Lost



Hey, what can I say? 'Big Bird Vamooses' and 'Big Bird Runs Away' aren't titles I can scam from the Children's Television Workshop.

And really, he's not lost, he's nesting in my neighbor's tree. The neighbor who has the unique privilege to know what it is to have every fucking train that barrels through Gardner blast it's horn 40 feet from your bedroom window, every fifteen minutes sometimes.



I left a note, along the lines of 'if/when the rocket in your tree gets blown down, I'd love to have it back.' But the phone hasn't rung.



But we went and launched a couple of two-stage rockets, and Mo decorated the general public with sidewalk chalk, and Em caught a frog and then waded into the mud to return him to water. As if he wouldn't find a puddle on his own.



So now I have the Big Bird booster stage but no Big Bird. Guess I'll have to build Big Bird II.

The The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby fared a little better, though I have to re-glue a fin on its booster. The booster, by the way, landed pissing distance from the pad. Talk about hitting close to home.






And I still don't know what the deal is with Mo's logo.


1 comment:

Redblur63 said...

Perhaps her logo has something to do with your rockets? It sure has a lot of motion and energy in it!

Your posts about your kids are great. Raising daughters is a lot of work--you're doing a great job.