Search Lobsterland

Friday, July 27, 2007

Zum Suds



Okay, I might lose my Y chromosome for admitting this, but I like smelly soap.

Specifically, I like Indigo Wild stuff. A lot.

But it's expensive. So when I got an email coupon for a free thing of Zum Scrub, I had to redeem it. It's one of several things I'd thought I'd try, or that I thought my daughters would like, but when I started to put together an online order, I saw I suddenly had $60 worth of stuff in the shopping cart and said to myself, 'Self, you can't afford this!'

So I logged off.



Anyway the factory has a store, and the store is way cool. Very worth a visit. I'll have to find a way to take my honyocks there sometime when they're making soap. The place reeks, all the essential oils and whatnot just fumigate the joint. Plus, the employees all bring their dogs to work, and not just purse dogs, a collie licked my feet.




The best part: they have barrels of reject soap for cheap. It's mix and match, bars that came out dented, scratched, or breathed on wrong that won't pass muster to wear the label at almost six bucks a bar. You don't get the label (no loss there), and you get the soap for half price.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

i could spend hours and mad cash in stores like that. love them.

so what did you end up buying?