Search Lobsterland

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gross

Okay, I've gone from looking like Darth Mall to looking like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean.



I haven't had a burn like this since the canoe trip when I was fourteen where I forgot to sunscreen my legs and the reflection off the bottom of the canoe cooked my legs so bad they're still freckled.

When I started to peel, there were spots where I bled. There wasn't enough skin left to hold me in. I had three kinds of sunblock in the car, it just didn't seem sunny when I got to the launch and I wasn't planning to stay for five hours.



Heed my pre-melanoma warning: you need to sun block even if it's cloudy and even if you think you'll be going back home in an hour or so.

Besides, if the cancer isn't enough to scare you, the way I felt Saturday night (see heatstroke) should.

No comments: